River Ranger Internship Application
During the River Ranger Internship, you will gain hands-on teaching experience, teaching elementary students about their local environment through The Greenway Foundation’s SPREE Field Trip program. The River Ranger Internship program is available to qualifying students at KIPP Denver Collegiate.
In addition to environmental education training and hands-on teaching experience, River Rangers learn valuable communication & public speaking skills, take part in leadership and team building initiatives, learn through real-world application & teaching of science topics, develop career awareness and preparation skills, and gain job interview and resume building experience.
River Rangers Will:
- Have training in environmental education theory, techniques, and best practices, culminating in teaching small groups of fifth grade students on educational excursions along the South Platte River.
- Commit to two training days, four teaching days, one day at a camp, and two Greenway Leadership Corps events throughout the school year. Training days will de determined based on school schedules.
- Gain experience that can be applied to a portfolio for certification as an environmental educator through the Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education (CAEE).
- Be a part of the ongoing reclamation and stewardship efforts along Denver’s urban waterways.
Applicants Must Be:
- A junior or senior at KIPP Denver Collegiate
- On time, professional, and courteous at all times
- Able to work well with others
- Able to speak and teach in front of small groups of adults and/or children
- Enjoy spending time outdoors
- Willing to get dirty
This application is due on October 31st, 2022 for the current school year.