The most recent River Vision Plan transformed Pasquinel‘s Landing, a 35 year old park, into a new type of park – a hybrid of natural systems, modern recreation and neighborhood gathering spaces. The design ofPasquinel’s Landing literally brings the South Platte into the park.
- The regional trail is pushed away from the River in a graceful arc.
- A secondary channel carves into the bowl, creating a gravel bar island at the River’s edge.
- A simple swath of turf rolls down toward the island, providing flexible space to recreate or just relax
- ADA accessible trails frame the lawn and cross the secondary channel, making the island a destination that is inviting to everyone.
- An adult fitness zone and future natural play area round out the design on the neighborhood side of the park
LEARN MORE ABOUT PASQUINEL’S LANDING
Check out Pasquinel’s Landing Park for yourself and see the improvements that have been made. To read more about the improvements, neighborhood opinions and the construction process, check out the Denver Post article here.
PLANT THE SEEDS OF CHANGE
Consider helping The Greenway Foundation continue our efforts to revitalize the South Platte River by becoming a Friend of the Greenway. By becoming a founding member of FrOG, you help ensures TGF’s future ability to help create parks like Pasquinel‘s landing and reconnect communities to their urban waterways.