Spooky Season Mobile
We made the most adorable Halloween decoration created with recycled and natural materials. It’s super easy to make and also pretty quick. This spooky mobile will spice up any room during the fall seasons.
- White scrap paper
- Googly eyes
- Black pipe cleaner or string
- White paint
- Black Marker
- String (any fall color)
- Two old wire hangers
Natural Materials to Gather:
- Pine cones
- Leaves (we used cottonwood leaves)
We started our craft making the bats. We headed out to collect pine cones and set up our materials.
For the bats, we used pinecones, cardboard, white scrap paper, and black pipe cleaners.
- The first thing we did was cut out stencils for the bat wings.
- The next step was to cut out ears and fangs for the bat. We chose to make ours pretty small.
- Next, we traced the stencils onto cardboard and cut them out.
- Last, we glued all of the pieces together on the pine cone and added googly eyes.
Next, we made the ghosts. These turned out to be adorable. We started collecting cottonwood leaves outside. Once our materials were prepared, we got to work.
For the ghosts, we used white paint and a black sharpie.
- Collect 6-8 large leaves. We love using leaves from cottonwood trees! Paint them white.
- You will have to let the front side dry in order to dry, we layed ours out in the sun for about 10 minutes.
- Once both sides and stem are painted, draw a ghost face.
Last, we made our Ojos de Dios, or “God’s eyes”.
For the God’s eyes, we collected some cottonwood sticks and used string to decorate.
- Glue the sticks in an X shape
- Wrap the string around in an over under rotation until completed. We used two different colors for this.
To wrap things up, we used two old wire hangers to create the model for the mobile. Once we made the structure, we added strings along the sides and then glued all of our materials to the ends of the string. This is our final product:
Let us know if you try out our decoration or any of these festive ideas. Tag us on instagram @greenway_foundation.